Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Folsom Prison Baby Blues



Ok, so before you start off thinking I am a bad mom for getting a cage for my kid, let me tell you about the stress I have been under with his mobility. Especially in the mornings. Cooper is like his own credit card logo-‘he’s everywhere you should be’. I try to put him in the closet, only to turn around and find him close to poking out his eye with a five inch stiletto, or maybe I try to apply mascara for a second only to find him reaching for my curling iron cord. And for all of you who know me, you know mornings are not my thing. I am at the top of my game at, oh say- 10:00 am, and then it is all downhill from there. So asking me to know what Cooper ‘the fast and dangerous’ is doing at 5:00 am is like asking a custodian to perform brain surgery-I simply can’t do it. I can try, but the results just aren’t pretty.

Anyways, he likes his cage, um I mean clubhouse, if Cooper asks. Brandon and I joked that he would come out of there with prison tats (maybe a teardrop) and a shank to stab us from putting him in there in the first place. But instead he joyfully ran his cup against his ‘bars’ and started to sing, “Nobody knows the trouble I’ve seen….”

4 comments:

shawnae said...

Cooper's hair looks red in the closet....is his hair red or is the closet to blame?

jerica said...

all I can say is a bowl of water and some food!! you have crated your son.

McKenze Lee said...

I LOVE your stories! It's only down hill from here, especially when he starts running instead of walking... :)

Gina, Brandon, and Cooper said...

Shawn-Coop's hair sometimes looks red, so I don't know. Eventually I think it will be Brandon's color.

Jer-the bowl of water was always our dream for effectively managing kids. Don't be hatin' because I am living the dream;)