Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Why you got to be all Grinchy up in here?

But whatever you do , things won't always go right. You might meet the Grinch in the dark of the night. His heart is too small and his shoes are too tight. (He's not very friendly and rarely
polite.)

Well the holiday season is here. Bah Humbug. Just kidding....kinda.

I am excited for Cooper's first Christmas, but I don't think he will be (come on, the highlight of his day is pooping). I don't have any time to shop. And we aren't putting a tree up since we are putting our house on the market and it would look kind of tacky when we showed the house in February (which is what would happen with my time frame for tree dismantling). And it's all Cooper's fault that we need a new house because he really does come with way too much stuff. Work has been stressful and we are dealing with budget holdbacks through hiring freezes and employee furloughs, but at least no layoffs. I have been anxious about the holidays, the house, and just about anything else. (Whoa! Slow down Debbie Downer ---your online whine is giving me a pain in my brain.)

But regardless of anything else, the kid still rocks. And really that is all that matters.
And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled ’till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.
- Dr. Seuss

3 comments:

shawnae said...

Where ya going?????

Gina, Brandon, and Cooper said...

We don't know. Maybe we'll just be homeless. We would like to find something just a little bit bigger because I am a compulsive hoarder.

shawnae said...

Let me know if you need help...I love to buy houses!!!!!