Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Happy 10 Month B-Day!

Oh Cooper, how you keep me busy! I remember just a few months ago how you liked to take naps. And you were immobile. Oh, I loved immobility. I could play dress-up with you all day long. Now it takes 20 minutes to put your clothes on you all while you scream and try to kick me in the face. But I am flexible; that is why you only have to wear a diaper now. Who needs clothes, right?

And diaper changes? I didn't appreciate how easy they were. Now you scream and flip over and try to run away (maybe with a little poo still stuck to your bum). And when left in the Cooper Corral for 30 seconds, you scream bloody murder unless I give you some less than nutritious snacks to divert your attention. Of course, I admit, I shouldn't ever leave you alone (going to the bathroom solo is just plain lonely, right?), or put you down (that constant backache reminds me of you all day). If I do put you down, it is much better if you are left to roam free at lightning speed scavenging dog food and anything on the floor that you can stuff into your mouth before I pry open your chubby little hand. At least you know your name, I know this because whenever I chase after you shouting it, you speed up the demolition process. And the dogs? You know they love you. They make that yelping sound to show you how much they love you and your quick little hands.

And I love it when you wake me up in the morning with a friendly hair pull/face slap, or when you wake me up several times during the night just because you wanted to say hi. There isn't any time of the day I'm not happy to see you, and all joking aside- I really do mean that. I am loving every minute of this life and I wouldn't trade a second for anything. Especially today when you said mama, and I really think you meant it and you weren't just stringing some syllables together. I am just hoping someday you stop the desire to eat everything since your affinity for the small and disgusting does stress me out. Especially if I don't have that piece of dog food in your bait bag:)

6 comments:

Ry, Katie, Jack and Ella too! said...

Wow- that totally gave me a flashback to a little more than a year ago! So glad i'm not alone in raising a monster! Oh, and hate to break it to you but it only gets worse from here. Can't wait to see the little terror!

shawnae said...

Gina stop making up blogs about Coop...we all know that your the one who pulled all of the toys out!!!!

jerica said...

is that a shot glass in his toys???

Gina, Brandon, and Cooper said...

Yes! How do you think I make it through my day??

jerica said...

I was wondering if that is how you stay so flexible! well happy 10 month to you guys. have a great weekend

Mistie said...

Oh yeah baby, I can't wait until he can run.