Monday, October 27, 2008

In honor of Halloween, I present...

Mummy Dearest.

This is my new favorite baby product/sanity saver. Cooper has outgrown his sleep sack and the swaddle wrap that goes with it. But when he tries to sleep without being swaddled, he flails and kicks and kicks and flails and cannot get to sleep. This leads to much crying from both of us.

This Miracle Wrap is aptly named and is just that. A miracle! Last night my little straight jacketed baby (I promise this is more humane than it looks) slept 7 hours (he never goes past 4) and after he ate he slept another 3 straight (he usually spends the midmorning hours getting up every hour). Whoo-hoo!

P.S. I promise that look on Cooper's face is not a look of sheer terror, but merely of surprise as I flashed him in a dimly lit room ("yeah right" said social services).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks like fear on his face!! if it works, i say use it! did that little stinker go to sleep after i left? or did you run in there and snatch him out of the crib? just teasing you.

Morkthefied said...

Gina, I saw your blog at Facebook. I love it! I also wrapped my babies in wraps, and that wrap in the picture looks like a good one. You must have read the same book as me: "The Best Baby on the Block." If you haven't read it, the book professes you must adhere the 5 s's to babies and they'll sleep great: Ssshushing, sucking, swaddling, swinging, and side.