Thursday, September 24, 2009

First Drum Circle

Cooper is just getting more and more grown up. I dropped him off this week at school and instead of crying, he just turned around and waved and said ‘bye-bye.’ I am sad when he cries to see me go, and I am sad when he doesn’t! The next day I figured out why- he has a little friend and he doesn't need me anymore! When I dropped him off, he waved to his friend and ran over and patted him on the shoulder, then he looked at me like, "umm, why are you still here?"

He is talking so much although a lot of it is his own special language. He loves to chase and torment the dogs, especially Chloe since she hates it so much!

We had a good weekend and we took Cooper to the Hyde Park Street Fair so he could join in on his first drum circle.

Here’s Cooper with the big drum with a little help from his dad.


And here is Cooper in the drum circle. The look on his face says it all-he really didn’t know what to make about the whole thing. He did have a funny smile on his face the whole time-he liked it but thought all those grownups banging on things was a little weird.

Sadly we did not stay long enough for me to win the digeridoo in the raffle-oh well. Now I just need to find a mommy and me drum class and we're good to go. And I just noticed the Hands Only! sign on the drum, I guess they have problems with people using other body parts to play?

3 comments:

shawnae said...

The cutest little boy on the planet....could I please have him???

Mistie said...

Wait till you drop him of at daycare and he says "no, go away mom" and then swats a hand and you. It happened...when she was 1.

shawnae said...

Update please!!!