Saturday, August 15, 2009

365 Days Later

Well Cooper turned 1 on Wednesday and I think he had a good birthday week, although he was a little silent on the issue. Saturday he had a birthday party and devoured birthday cake, played with balloons and opened presents. And most of this week we hung out in Burley, so he didn't have to go to daycare and we went to the fair and looked at all the animals on his birthday. Cooper thought the pigs were very fascinating.

While there are a billion things I love about being Cooper's mom, here are just a few:
  • How you scrunch up your nose and snort when you don't want something
  • How you throw yourself on the floor and thow a tantrum when you really want something (this won't be cute in another year I am sure)
  • Your two dimples on your left cheek, and how they never are both visible at the same time
  • Your chuckle-it is the best sound it the world
  • How you try to get away when we play 'I'm gonna get you'
  • How you squeal every day to go outside
  • Your super kissable spot on your chin; I love that spot
  • How you're such a happy easy-going baby
  • How you always try to do something after I say 'no' (this also is cute now, but I am sure will get a little old soon:)
  • How you clap when anyone says, "yea!"
  • How you have the best smile in the world

Most of all, I love the fact that I get to be your mom! If you had any say in the matter, thank for picking me!! I am looking forward to the next 365 days and all of our exciting adventures!!

Cooper and Papa at the fair, meeting an oink-oink for the first time on his birthday!

Wild animals at the party!
Anxiously awaiting some birthday cake!!

Oh, yeah-that is the good stuff!

PS-Jody-a big thanks for sharing the pics since I deleted all mine from the birthday party!

3 comments:

shawnae said...

Happy late Birthday Cooper....I think that you have the best mom in the world and what more could a little boy want/need.

McKenze Lee said...

Awww! Happy birthday Cooper!

Marti, Adam, Ryah & Brayden Smith said...

Happy late b'day Cooper, you've got one great mom!!