Monday, October 27, 2008

An Epooiphany


So I was marveling today at how amazing I thought it was that Cooper exploded in his swing. But the smile on his face was priceless; he thought it was hilarious. I just had him in there for a minute and I think he timed it! It was such a hoot I had to call my mom and tell her about it at her dentist appointment.

And then I reflected on how wild it is that this stuff entertains me to no end. Having a baby is awe inspiring. I think that it is like being a planet and you are the center of your universe. Then this sun (no pun intended) moves into your solar system and it draws you into it's gravitational pull and suddenly you have a new orbit forever circling this sun. And this new sun sustains life on your planet and is the reason for it's existence. It is absolutely crazy and amazingly fun.

In Dante's Divine Comedy he describes God as not merely a blinding vision of glorious light, but that He is, most of all, l'amor che move il sole e l'altre stelle... "The love that moves the sun and the other stars."

Yup. It's something like that.


2 comments:

Mitch Hodge said...

Sis you are such an incredible mom. Your baby boy is soooo blessed to have you as a mom! Oh by the way, you might want to get an extra TV, Shari puts up with alot of football but Grey's and Its downstairs to the mancave for me!

shawnae said...

Wow...Wait until you have grandkids, it gets even better. I love you and Cooper.